Home » World News » Metro strike in London: second man arrested

Metro strike in London: second man arrested

Sunday, September 17th, 2017 | World News

After the attack on the London subway with 30 injured, the British police has arrested a second suspect. That's what Scotland Yard said on Sunday.

The 21-year-old man was taken to detention in Hounslow in the west of the British capital on the evening of Saturday night for terror suspicion.

On Saturday, an 18-year-old had already been arrested in the departure area of ​​the Port of Dover. According to media reports, he is said to have lived near London with caregivers. Scotland Yard did not want to comment on that. A row house in the county of Surrey was searched by the police.

Camera shots are supposed to show assassins
In the explosion of a self-constructed bomb in a crowded subway near the overground stop Parsons Green, 30 people had been injured on Friday. According to a report from the "Guardian", video recordings from surveillance cameras have already been analyzed, which show how the bombshell with the explosive set enters the subway.

The IS-Terrormiliz complained about the attack. A fighter of the Islamic state had carried out the offense, reported the Amak Amak on the Internet on Friday. In another message, it was said that "soldiers of the caliphate" had succeeded in placing several spears, one of which met 30 people. The worst was still happening, however, according to the usual channels, which the IS had already complained about in the past.

 Fifth stop this year
The bomb in London exploded around 8:20 am in the middle of the morning traffic. Parsons Green Station is located in the western center of the metropolis, close to the football stadium FC Chelsea. Eyewitnesses reported a loud bang and a "fire wall" or a "fireball" in the orbit.

This is the fifth time this year that Britain has become the target of an attack. In four previous attacks in London and Manchester this year, a total of 36 people had been killed, three of the attacks fell into the hands of Islamists.

  In March, an assassin on London's Westminster Bridge was targeted with a car in a pedestrian, before he crashed a policeman on the grounds of Parliament. Five people died. Eight people were killed in an attack on the London nightlife Borough Market and the London Bridge. A man died in an attack on mosque visitors in London in late June.

Related

Jorge Lorenzo admits: "Have better

03. August 2017 – 21:52 Still, Jorge Lorenzo did not get 100% warm

Security concerns: US army banned flight

         display Golem pure Golem.de ohne Werbung nutzenRead more articles on one pageRSS-full-text-feed

Swiss stock exchange - The correction of

The cash insider is also active on Twitter under @cashInsider. Read on the

Smartphones: Lenovo wants to use Stock A

In the future, Lenovo wants to use a pure version of Android (Stock-Android)